Tweeting Away

Setting the Summer Mood

Having survived two no-sleep, all-stress weeks, my favorite season is finally here! (Although we only have two to choose from in the Philippines, so it’s really not that big of a deal). I can’t quite believe the school year is over – I feel I’m still in my city-living-stressed-college student mode but I’m gradually managing to put that away for two whole weeks without school and without worries. Hooray! To really kick in the season, here are a few things that really get the summer going for me:

My Summer Reading List
Adieu to geeky school textbooks for now! I firmly believe that summer is the season to get your hands on books
that you actually want to read. This summer (actually just the first 2 weeks of it…by the time my summer classes are over, I’d have compiled a new list altogether), my reading list includes:

The Beach by Alex Garland
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
The Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara

I just realized they’ve all been made into movies…maybe I should watch those this summer too.

My Summer Soundtrack

There are probably too many songs in it for me to mention, but here’s a partial list:

The 50 First Dates Soundtrack (Okay, since the story happened in Hawaii it could’ve taken place any time of the year, but whatever – the “reggae” feel to this soundtrack is just perfect for the summer)
The Y Tu Mama Tambien Soundtrack (Check out “Insomnio” and “Afila El Comilo”)
“Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves (Aside from the summer, I laugh inside every time I hear this because of Jack Black’s character in High Fidelity…hilarious….)
“Amber” by 311 (Also from 50 First Dates)
“Underneath it All” by No Doubt
“Porcelain” by Moby (Always reminds me of The Beach, when Leo DiCaprio’s character gets a view at “The Beach” for the first time…)

…Unfortunately, I have to cut this post short - Mom’s nagging me to start packing for my trip to Galera tomorrow. I’m going with a few friends for a 3-day, 2-night stay. I still have to charge my iPod Shuffle (it’s going to need all the juice it can carry) and pack a whole bunch of stuff that I’m hoping to fit into one backpack and an enormous beach bag.

Ciao for now…sun and sand summon.

(Will post again in a few days.)

No comments: