Tweeting Away

Sunday Morning Stories




Breakfast is best served at 11 o'clock on a lazy (and late) Sunday morning, when you're feeling sleepy and giddy at the same time, and you don't know how that's even possible, but that's how you feel. Your hair still smells faintly of cigarette smoke (even if you already washed it twice that morning) but you take it as a worthy trade-off for a lot of fun and dancing, so you aren't in the least bit irritated, and get over it quickly. You're in your casual Sunday best but your feet hurt and you know it's because of the heels you wore (and danced with) just a few hours prior. Most important of all, you've yet to get over the crazy Saturday night you just had with your girlfriends.

Over a plate of pancakes, bacon and eggs and a cup of hot chocolate, I would love to write about the really funny (note that it was "funny" and not just "fun") Saturday night I had with Mabz and Edell this week in detail, but a) I've got work to do so I don't have a lot of time to blog; and b) to write in detail would mean giving out, obviously, a lot of details, and I don't want to get into trouble :). The following are as much as I can say for now:

- We got all dressed up and tried to look our cultured and artistic best and watched "I Love You Because" by Repertory Philippines at OnStage Greenbelt, and it was a lot of fun! You should go see it, they only have shows until next week! (Also, we ran into Trisha and Zyra, who watched the play as well. Talk about random!)
- Promotion dinner and a round of drinks at Fez (yay for cocolychee!)
- A couple more rounds of drinks and dancing at Piedra
- The perks of Edell's newly banged hair (I'm so proud of you Edz you sure know how to work it!)
- Running into random people: a highschool classmate, a highschool teacher (inside Piedra!), a college classmate and schoolmates!
- Meeting new people. ROFL.
- NOT meeting new people. Well, just that one person really.
- I only knew what this word meant in theory, until last night. I guess it's not easy being a guy sometimes. That moment was hilarious.

The best part was when the world stopped when "Single Ladies" came on. I mean, seriously - you're on the dancefloor with two fabulous girlfriends, it's a Saturday night, and "Single Ladies" comes on. What else can you do? It would be a shame if you didn't drop everything (or everyone else) in order to put your hands up and dance with your girlfriends! And we're just funny and single like that. Hahaha.

Someday when I'm old and mature I will read this post and laugh at how silly my twenty-something self was. Until then, I will revel in the twisted abandon of youth for as long as I feel like it.

Also, the pancakes at Bo's Coffee are awesome!

2 comments:

resident_nutty said...

dude it was a freaking blast! dang, you and eds are so not giving details about the cockblock huh? LOL

pero i swear, that moment when Single Ladies came out really technically summed up what we're about LOL

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

I linked to its definition in Urban Dictionary didn't I? I'm just geeky like that, LOL! :)

Every time I hear that song from now on I'm going to think of that moment and our reaction and I would just LAUGH.