Tweeting Away

A-Z?

It has been a very long and busy week (as most weeks are in IMC senior year), one in which I realized how much the IMC experience holds such stuff that academic legends are made of. For instance, on Wednesday we took an 8-question test, the first six of which were multiple choice. Easy enough? NOT. The phrase "multiple choice question" will never mean the same to you again after you've gone through the IMC Principles Test. Imagine one question that's worth ten points, the answer to which you will find among choices that range from A to freakin' Z...seriously! How I would pass that one is beyond me. I'm actually quite surprised I haven't become delusional yet. I reckon it'll be only a few more weeks though...
It was a nice surprise, however, that I got to watch 2 - you read it right - 2 movies this week. I figure it's good to unwind every now and then lest I begin contemplating on some very disturbing ideas. Last year I got so stressed I actually thought of just quitting school altogether and marrying a rich man instead. "It's like feminism never even happened!" as Gracie Lou Freebush, aka Ms. Congeniality once said. It's the most delusional I've gotten because of school I think.
In any case, Wednesday night Carmz, Edz and I watched Must Love Dogs at Shang (Carm and I also bought shoes at Schu - a little retail therapy never hurt anyone) and tonight I just got back from Galleria where Edz and I watched Bewitched. I realize that because of my current lifestyle (or lack thereof due to the constantly increasing demands of school) I've been obliged to gain a new perspective on movies. I used to be really picky about the movies I'd watch, used to go for the profound ones or the extremes and the unorthodox; I don't have that luxury anymore these days. These days, any movie is a good enough movie. Had I watched Must Love Dogs and Bewitched last year I would've had some pretty ill feelings towards them after leaving the theater. Now, I know that they're not exactly brilliant, life-altering movies, but I really could care less. Alas, movies have finally become for me mere modes of entertainment rather than "make-me-think" machines. It's a bit sad that way, but at least the 150 bucks (I can't believe movies cost that much now) I spend on a ticket makes me happy, albeit temporarily. Besides, there are so many other things to think about. Maybe this is Fate telling me I should start thinking about the movie of my life instead of escaping to someone else's on a big screen. Hmmm....

No comments: