Tweeting Away

Recommends: My Summer Soundtrack, Vol. 1

1. Kiss, Kiss, Kiss - Ananda Project
It was a good start to Beach House 04.05, and could be a good start for the summer as well.

2. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
A totally feel-good song. Great while riding a bike, flying a kite, or eating ice cream (but preferably not all at the same time).


3. No Stopping Us - Jason Mraz
I wouldn't make a recommends list without a Jason Mraz song now wouldn't I? Reminds me of our little vacation to Galera last year.

4. Summer Samba - Ana Caram
Bossa nova and beaches sound just about right...

5. Tristeza (Goodbye Sadness) - Astrud Gilberto
Goodbye sadness indeed, for summer is here!

6. C'est Si Bon - Eartha Kitt
It's so good, life is good, summer is good.

7. Love, Love, Love - Tristan Prettyman
Another one of them feel-good songs. Simple and perfect that way.

8. Cold Air - Natalie Imbruglia
A summer night song. I remember being in the middle of nowhere and listening to this last summer. Frighteningly appropriate.

9. Following - Chungking
Walk the beach with this on your iPod.

10. Earthbound - The Paul Schwartz Project
This one too.

11. Harvest Moon - Cassandra Wilson
And this.

12. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
"This song is meant to keep you from doing what you're supposed to."
It wouldn't be a summer soundtrack without this guy.

13. Better Together - Jack Johnson
One of my absolute favorites! Real sweet, and real simple.

14. Melt With You - Jason Mraz
A little too commercial and a tad bit overplayed, but it's Jason Mraz, and it does have a nice, summery feel to it.

15. Insomnio - Cafe Tacuba
Road trip song from Y Tu Mama Tambien!

16. Lips Like Sugar - Seal feat. Mikey Dread
A less popular song from the 50 First Dates soundtrack, and it's better that way. Real fun one, too.

17. Everything - Kaskade
I had to put a Kaskade song in here somehow. But at the moment I'm too sleepy to think of what to say about it.

18. Summertime - The Sundays
"Romantic piscean seeks angel in disguise
Chinese-speaking girlfriend, big brown eyes
Liverpudlian lady, sophisticated male
Hello partner, tell me love can't fail"
Catchy tune, interesting lyrics, totally feel-good, it's the perfect non-love song for the summer.


19. Seven Days in Sunny June - Jamiroquai
Okay, so summer in the Philippines doesn't happen in June but this song is just so perfect for the season! Besides, this is my list! Deal with it! (Okay, getting a bit unstable here...sorry.)

20. Underneath it All - No Doubt
I'ved loved them for forever. The rap-part on this one is real fun.

21. Top of the World - Juliana Theory
Another road trip song. I actually have no idea where I heard this song, but I've been playing it for years and years now.

22. The First Single (Cause a Scene) - The Format
Of Laguna Beach fame (at least that's where I heard it first), drive through empty roads with this one on.

Have a fab summer everyone =)

No comments: