Tweeting Away

I've been tagged!

I’ve been tagged for the first time by Pari, who has quite an interesting blog.

Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write 8 facts/things/habits about yourself, saying who tagged you. In the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. No tag backs.

1. I’m not a big football fan but I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the World Cup and its consequent effects on people’s spirits all over the world. Admittedly I don’t get to watch most of the games (and I can’t say I’m immensely interested either) – but I love how the World Cup has provided today’s news channels with something cheerful and happy to report about for a change. When it’s World Cup update time, broadcasters are all chatty and in good spirits (wait for FanZone to come on at CNN), and it’s very refreshing. The World Cup definitely adds some much needed color to the otherwise gloomy mood of news channels.

2. Current Indulgence: Marks & Spencer Dark Chocolate Biscuits and Viennese Swirls, and Ritz Mini Cheese Sandwiches (yum!)

3. I love it when people spontaneously break into song in movies/TV. The most recent one I watched was in Harold and Kumar’s Trip to White Castle Burger, when they sang that Wilson Phillips song. Hilarious! But my favorite by far is in Reality Bites, when they’re at the convenience store and “My Sharona” comes on. Oh! Also the one in Jerry Maguire, when Tom Cruise is driving and he sings along to “Free Fallin’”. Classic movie moments.

4. Fictional Character I’d like to have as a boyfriend: Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack’s character) in Say Anything. Yes, the absolutely adorable guy with the boombox over his head (aww!).

5. (Not So) Secret Shame Part 1: I try to watch Laguna Beach religiously (harhar).

6. After reading Alex Garland’s The Beach and Che Guevara’s The Motorcycle Diaries, I packed a backpack and went on my very first Lonely Planet, Backpacker-style trip to the beach (more details next time…the entry is on the works). I plan to take more trips like it – travel buddies wanted!

7. (Not So) Secret Shame Part 2: The only Pinoy movie I like is Bagets. Yes, that’s an 80’s movie. Their Chuck Taylors and their ultra-short shorts are hilarious.

8. I could eat Nanay’s (my grandma) home-cooked, Pinoy-style lasagna for days on end. And when I do, I don’t eat anything else.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

agree on the World Cup tip.

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

hey, a Charolastra has come to visit my blog! Very very cool. Y Tu Mama Tambien is the bomb. And so is the World Cup.

Thanks for dropping by =)

(S)wine said...

no prob.
i agree with you on MOtorcycle Diaries, too. rockin'!

Anonymous said...

HEY CHECK MY BLOG. I DID AS I WAS TOLD. HEHE

I JUST BOUGHT A DVD OF THE BEACH. HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK THOUGH. IT'S FUCKING 600 BUCKS OR EVEN HIGHER!

WHAT ARE THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES? HAHA

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

Ei Nadez! Read your entry na. Uber funny. hehehe

If you watch the movie before you read the book, there's a bigger chance that you'll like the movie. that's what happened to me eh - I watched it first, then I was enticed to read the book. For people who have done it the other way around, I heard they hated the movie after seeing it.

Ooooh but read the short chapter called "All these things"...so effing romantic, in my opinion. I typed my favorite parts of it in an entry here somewhere hehe.

The Motorcycle Diaries is Che Guevara's accounts of a trip he took with a friend of his across south America, mainly on a motorcycle. A movie's been made out of it too, starring Gael Garcia Bernal, one of the boys in Y Tu Mama.

Oh yeah, and Che Guevara's the guy whose face is printed on all those t-shirts and buttons at Tower Records.