Tweeting Away

This Week and The Departed

Seriously, I love my job.

Yeah I know, technically I'm an intern, and my residency at the agency is halfway over, but I go to work five days a week and only last night I got very little sleep because of what I do, so I think my stint at Arc is as real a job as anyone else's. The only difference is, I don't think a lot of people love their jobs as much as I love mine. Oh, but how I wish they did. Because let me tell you, it's a whole lot of fun when you love your job.

That isn't to say, however, that what I do isn't difficult. Or that sometimes, when the work just piles up and I have school to think about, I don't ever think to myself, "What have I gotten myself into? Get out now!" All jobs come with their perks and their problems, I guess it's a packaged deal (like most everything in life). A lot of P's in that sentence.

Anyhow, here's another P word that makes a job even better: people. More specifically, the people you work with. I enjoy working with the people I work with. They're brilliant, warm, and friendly. I've learned a lot from them in such a short timespan.

Today I had my first presentation to client. And I was only with our managing director, who was also my professor for two semesters IMC senior year, who was also a big reason why I chose to do my residency at my current host company, who is the epitome of Girl Power and who I admire immensely...talk about gut-wrenching, heart-attack-causing pressure! For the past few days I've been worried sick, imagining all the horrid things I might end up doing at the meeting, in front of client, in front of this great person I admire immensely, ending my professional career before it even began...

...Thankfully, I survived. I can't disclose details obviously. But man it feels great to accomplish something you've worked so hard for. Work is great.

In other news, if you haven't yet, GO SEE THE DEPARTED! OMG! What an insane movie. My friend Tiff was telling me, "You'll love it! Freakin' gunshots every five seconds!" Not to mention a cuss word every five seconds. But the profanity and gore seemed necessary to tell this story. So it's vulgar and violent and dark and twisted and awesome that way. Who knew Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" Wahlberg could act eh? And didn't he produce HBO's Entourage too? But I absolutely adored Leo DiCaprio in this movie. I mean I never really took him seriously again after Titanic but I've gained so much respect for him after seeing this. Can't wait to watch it again.

Girls night out na 'to! Haha, not exactly a chick flick, I know, but what the heck. I remember having the best time with Edz when we watched Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Lastly, I can't get John Legend's new song, "Save Room" out of my head. It's such a feel-good song. I love it.

Here's to a great weekend! :)

No comments: