Tweeting Away

Sunday always comes too late...

"If I Ever Feel Better" - Phoenix


...It's too lazy to keep time. Or maybe it just keeps putting it off. Sunday likes to put things off. Sunday is a crammer, a master procrastinator. Hence she always comes too late. I am Lazy Sunday.

I'm at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf with a cup of Moroccan Mint Latte, which I've been craving for since the start of the previous work week. You can't imagine how rewarding this here right now is. Lazy Sundays rock.

I'm reading "An Abundance of Katherines" while waiting for Edell, whom I will be having lunch with shortly at a restaurant whose name escapes her. She's a funny girl, Edell. Most of my friends are. They're awesome.


So it was either this book or Chuck Palahniuk's "Invisible Monsters". I have an insane book backlog, I don't know how I'm ever going to finish all of them. Must find the time. It doesn't help that I easily get distracted by a lot of things, like the internet. Like right now, when I'm blogging instead of reading. Anyway, Lazy Sunday doesn't worry, doesn't get bothered by anything. Lazy Sunday only solves problems when she becomes Monday, so I'll stop worrying about anything for now.

After lunch we're catching Mulan Jr. at Onstage Greenbelt. Mulan "Jr." - will there be lesbian undertones on this version? Why couldn't they have called it "Mini Mulan" or "Little Miss Mulan"?

Oh wait, I think Mulan was the main character's name while she was pretending to be a guy. Guess it makes sense. Hmmm.

I wonder how Carmeli's fashion show thing last night went. Must give her a call to catch up.

Music recommendations! I like to end my emails to dear friends in faraway places (e.g. Tiffy from Down Under and Rissee "The Trust Fund Baby" from Her Kingdom of Ice) with song suggestions. "Give them a listen and think of me okay!" I share my love with my song choices. So here are some songs, and here I am sharing my love to the whole of the universe. Enjoy.


1. "Rich Girls" - The Virgins.
They dress like 80's kids and their music has a weird retro feel that's so "now". That's beside the point though. They're indie awesome.


2. "What A Catch, Donnie" - Fall Out Boy.
A little more mainstream, but awesome nonetheless. This song is epic - especially the end, where Brendon Urie and William Beckett and other Fueled By Ramen people sing lines from old FOB songs. Nice one Pete, my man, nice one.


3. "Last Words" - The Real Tuesday Weld

From the soundtrack of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, which I haven't seen yet, but the book I've read and it's freakin' awesome.

No comments: