Tweeting Away

Season's Greetings from the Holiday Armadillo!

Merry Christmas everyone! It's been a while since I last wrote something here, because the holidays have been pretty crazy. There was work, of course, but also a few other holiday-related hooplah, e.g. the customary shopping for presents, get-togethers with friends, and Christmas parties! I discovered a year ago that our company takes Christmas parties pretty seriously, and this year was no different. It was a "Blockbuster" Christmas party so everyone had to dress up as movie characters. Our department decided to dress up as Disney characters. Here are some pictures!






Okay, I'll do a Rob Fleming Christmas-style and share with you my Top 5 holiday songs of the year (listen to them here):

1. "Baby It's Cold Outside", Lee Ann Womack and Harry Connick Jr. - I can't remember how or where I found this song, but I've loved it since the first time I heard it and it's by far my favorite version of this song...and there are plenty!

2. "Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Everyday?", Bianca Ryan - This one's a new discovery. It's such a happy, feel-good song, as Christmas songs should be! This one makes me want to swing from side-to-side, clap my hands to the beat, bop my head from left to right, and smile my biggest smile!

3. "All I Want for Christmas is You", Olivia Olson - A well-loved modern classic, especially after Love Actually. Need I say more?

4. "Last Christmas", Jimmy Eat World - Another modern classic, but this cover is quite refreshing!

5. "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out", Fall Out Boy - Who knew Fall Out Boy could write Christmas songs, eh? Goes to show that even bitter and emo prepubescents need Christmas songs. Kidding. :)

Finally, it's been a tradition of mine to stay up late at Christmas Eve, after everyone's gone off to sleep, have a plate of my lola's Filipino version of lasagna and watch Sleepless in Seattle or While You Were Sleeping and the Christmas episodes of Friends. This one is by far, the funniest one of the lot. Enjoy, and a very merry Christmas to you all!



No comments: