Tweeting Away

A Madness Shared By Two, In 13 Songs (A Fall Out Boy Mixtape)

Fall Out Boy Live in Manila, 13 February 2009!

Psyching myself up for Fall Out Boy, the second time around. Their first concert was insane - hope this one turns out to be just as awesome - and on Friday the 13th too! Haha.

Fall Out Boy's songs are the kind that make me wish I were in a band. They make you want to get up and sing (or scream) to all of the lyrics (if you manage to figure them out and know them by heart - which is quite a feat!) They are also best enjoyed with the volume turned up.


Here's my dream set list, with 13 of my favorite songs from the band (listen to the songs here):



1. Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes (Folie A Deux)- fresh from the new album, this one would be a great concert opener!

I'm a loose bolt of a complete machine
What a match--
I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet
So boycott love
Detox just to retox
And I'd promise you anything
For another shot at life.
Perfect boys with their perfect lives
Nobody wants to hear you sing about tragedy


2. Grand Theft Autumn (Take This To Your Grave)

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope, he is a gentleman..
And maybe he won't find out what I know:
You were the last good thing about this part of town..


3. 7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen) (From Under The Cork Tree) - the epitome of a rock concert anthem. I love this song!

4. The Pros and Cons of Breathing (Take This To Your Grave) - very punk and very angsty. Old school classic Fall Out Boy.

5. Chicago is So Two Years Ago (Take This To Your Grave) - this one too!

6. Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year (From Under The Cork Tree)

'Cause I'll keep singing this lie
If you'll keep believing it
I'll keep singing this lie
I'll keep singing this lie

Are we growing up
Or just going down?
It's just a matter of time
Until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
I swear I'd burn this city down
To show you the light

7. I've Got A Dark Alley and a Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song) (From Under The Cork Tree) - One of their saddest songs I think, and one of their best lyrics.

Joke me something awful just like kisses on the necks of "best friends"*
We're the kids who feel like dead ends
And I want to be known for my hits, not just my misses
I took a shot and didn't even come close
At trust and love and hope
And the poets are just kids who didn't make it
And never had it at all

And the record won't stop skipping
And the lies just won't stop slipping
And besides my reputation's on the line
We can fake it for the airwaves
Force our smiles, baby, half dead
From comparing myself to everyone else around me

Please put the doctor on the phone 'cause I'm not making any sense
Blame everyone but me for this mess
And my back has been breaking from this heavy heart
We never seemed so far
I'm hopelessly hopeful, you're just hopeless enough
But we never had it at all


8. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" (From Under The Cork Tree)

9. Hum Hallelujah (Infinity On High)

10. Of All The Gin Joints in All The World (From Under The Cork Tree)

11. Tiffany Blews (Folie a Deux)

3, 2, 1...we go live.

OH BABY, YOU'RE A CLASSIC, LIKE A LITTLE BLACK DRESS!

12. 20 Dollar Nosebleed (Folie a Deux) - with Brendon Urie!

13. What a Catch, Donnie (Folie a Deux) - with like, every vocalist of every band signed to Fueled by Ramen, plus Elvis Costello! Love the last part with snippets of their past songs, a perfect ending. Classic!

No comments: