Tweeting Away

100 Best Music Videos #1: Video Killed The Radio Star (The Buggles)


A few years back I started a blog called 100 Best Music Videos, but my commitment issues and ADHD kept me from pushing through with it. Besides, managing too many blogs can become a pain. It doesn't change the fact, however, that I do enjoy watching music videos and I have a pretty long list of the ones I really like. So I thought I'd start over and post my favorite videos here. I don't know if the list will reach a hundred - so why don't we find out? Let's start with this one (and since this was also the first video I posted on that 100BMV blog, I'm copying and pasting the description I had written for it here):




"Video Killed The Radio Star"
The Buggles
The Age of Plastic

We jumpstart the 100 Best Music Videos blog with the first video ever aired on MTV, ironically titled "Video Killed the Radio Star". First shown on MTV when the channel debuted on August 01, 1981, the song's catchy melody and the video's quirky and "futuristic" elements make for a memorable music video and a fitting forefather to all music videos aired thereafter.

A bit of trivia: when it was aired on February 27, 2000, "Video Killed The Radio Star" also became the millionth video to be shown on MTV.

No comments: