Tweeting Away

Divine Intervention

Yesterday on my way home from the mall I got a lesson on kaligtasan, that is, salvation, from a cab driver.

God really works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?

It was a rather timely incident as well, seeing as how I failed to go to mass that day.

Guess I needed the divine intervention.

The cab driver's name was Bobby. He looked like he was in his 30's or 40's, rather thin, and wore glasses. His appearance was as squeaky-clean as the cab he was driving - a pleasant rarity among cabs and cab drivers. As he drove me from the mall to my flat he talked about eternal salvation and how all of us could achieve it. Most everything he said I had heard before, so it was more of a reminder for me than a new lesson. Nevertheless, I was quite curious about what he had to say. But I was even more curious about why he said them.

I think it takes a lot of courage to talk about one's faith and beliefs, especially to strangers. Which is why, as Bobby discussed his beliefs and quoted the Bible while I sat quietly at the backseat of his car, I wondered about this taxi driver's life. Why did he decide to share God's teachings to total strangers? What gave him the courage to do what he did? Did he experience a life-changing moment that strengthened his faith and compelled him to do what he does now? I wanted to ask him so many questions, but by the time he had finished sharing the lesson on salvation, we had already reached home.

I love the opportunity that chance encounters give us to meet very interesting strangers.

3 comments:

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

See, chance encounters! Life's randomness is rather interesting.

Miss you Shars! I see you're a working girl now. Good luck with your job/s! =)

CyberCelt said...

Sometimes God sends people into our lives just to wake us up and start us questioning WHY?

Princess Angel said...

"I love the opportunity that chance encounters give us to meet very interesting strangers"

Oh, I can so relate midge... *wink wink* hehehe!!!